Wednesday 10 April 2013

On why the scales are bollocks...

This morning I weighed myself.

Then I went to CrossFit.

When I got back I weighed myself.....I was SIX POUNDS HEAVIER.

I had done a series of heavy squats cleans and jerks and a particularly evil met con involving travelling burpees....

Thoughts of chocolate and wine and 'Oh sod it' flew through my head.

I went for a wee.

I weighed myself. Again....

I was 7lbs LIGHTER......

Scales are bollocks (as is weighing yourself 3 x a day....but it was just to illustrate a point!)

Let's not give them any undue power, eh?

L x

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I believe that the basic rules of keeping shape are the same for everyone. Though, everyone should adapt them for himself. For me fitness is the best way. When I stop going to the gym I immediately gain weight (unless I starve myself). For me all the diets are very depressive, I can not live without sweets and cookies, that’s why I choose fitness. Regular training is very rewarding: I’ve noticed my first results within 1 month, and it was an awesome stimulation for future trainings. When I feel tired I take Navy Seal Formula by Military Grade and it quickly restores my strength and enthusiasm. It also provides the necessary nutritional supply, which is vital when you are training intensively. Thus, nothing prevents me from eating occasional cookie or a bar of chocolate when I want it so much.