Thursday 28 May 2009

Best laid plans and all that jazz!

So the gym session didn’t go EXACTLY as planned because every single gosh darn treadmill was occupied by a total and utter doofus WALKING and READING A MAGAZINE. This infuriates me! I’m all for the whole ‘sport for all’ thing but OH COME ON! So I decided to do some rowing instead. On my programme it says 2000m at damper level 10, so this was my aim……I think I was so infuriated at not being able to go on a treadmill that I rowed and rowed and then looked down and it said 4000m! OOPSIE! I have got actual blisters on the insides of my palms where you grip the rowing thingy!! LOOK!!!

















So after that I thought I’d try the Russian Steps thingy on the cross trainer. It was so difficult to resist going at it like the clappers and sweating like a pig in a similar fashion to my co cross trainers either side of me. But resist I did and whacked the resistance level up to 20 for a minute then down to 6, then back up for a minute and a half and then back down and so on. All in all I completed 20 minutes and my legs were killing! Plus I WAS sweating lie the aforementioned pig too! So a good workout all round! Only then was there a treadmill free so I hopped on and had a relaxing run to finish off with at a moderate 9kph speed. That fast workout ipod playlist I mentioned a few weeks ago is defo doing the trick. It was, as I had thought it would be, most fabulous to be back at the gym.


After this I was homeward bound for some dinner - exercise always makes me hungry! How annoying. I wasn’t inspired to cook at all so in search of a spark of inspiration I looked at the ww UK website - and came up with Grain Mustard and Honey Stir Fry.

You need:

1tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
I medium onion thinly sliced
250g broccoli cut into florets
200g sugar snap peas
2 tsp honey
2 tsp fresh coriander (I used dried)
150ml fresh stock – I used vegetable
3 level tsp wholegrain mustard

Heat oil, add onion and garlic, sautee till soft, adding a bit of stock if necessary to prevent sticking, add veg, stock, honey and mustard and bring to boil, stir fry on high heat for 5 mins until liquid evaporated or until is suits you. Add fresh herbs and toss through then serve.

I also added a yellow pepper for some colour and some mushrooms because I needed to use them up, for no extra points.

The whole thing serves 2 people and is HALF A POINT per serving – and it’s seriously a shed load of food – I had to Tupperware half to bring with me to the office for lunch! I guess this is the beauty of filling foods!

I added plain couscous cooked in chicken stock with it as a base for 4 points so the whole dinner came to four and a half points! Fabulous!

Here’s how it looked…..














On the plate - look! There's LOADS!











Extreme close up!
And now it’s Thursday morning, the sun is shining, and I have a busy day ahead…….2 weetabix plus skimmed milk and a Nero skinny latte have filled me up and it’s work time!!!!
But just before I go....I read DietGirl's latest post today, check her out, she rocks! And she was talking about none other than the phenom that is Jillian Michaels! (Now that I have unashamedly removed myself from her 9 billion emails a day mailing list I am feeling much more charitable towards her) Shauna reviewed her dvd - no more trouble zones or whatever it's called which led me to think about this 30 Day shred thingummy that you guys are all bonkers about....so I hopped on over to Amazon and bought it!! For a mere £6.00! Good hey!! SO I shall soon be shredding along with the rest of you my dear comrades! What fun series of posts THAT will be!!! Stay tuned!! :)

Catch you tomorrow dudes!
xoxo BFP

3 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

WAHOO for you getting shredded! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it, way to join the shred bandwagon!

Actually, because they are only 20 minutes, I normally do #1 & #2 together.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

OH NO! Your word verification is turning on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My word for the above comment was:

lurker

**GASP**

Kathleen said...

What a great-looking recipe! Thanks for sharing it!