Back again! Two posts in one day, aren’t you lucky readers!?? HA!
There’s been a lot of chat in the blogosphere of late about music to run to, so I thought I’d chime in with my two pence worth.
Let me first say this: I love to run. I love to jog slow, I love to run crazy-ass fast until I think my legs will fall off BUT it does not come easily to me at all. Not at all. Pas du tout.
Thus, music is incredibly important to me when I run. Not least because the years of dance training have ingrained in me the whole ‘move to the beat’ thing and I cannot shake it off, no matter how hard I try! I run to the beat. Soooooooo music has to be the right tempo otherwise my running becomes laboured and tiresome. Equally, it cannot be too fast or I get tired too quickly! It has to be like Goldilocks said, ‘Just right’!
So, I recently compiled a ‘fast’ playlist of tunes I can use to warm up at 9kph and that still work at 12/13kph…you’ll laugh your heads off but it works for me! :)
1. You Can’t Stop the Beat – Hairspray the movie soundtrack (I always use this first off!)
2. Not Fair-Lily Allen
3. Who knew –P!nk
4. Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
5. Leave me Alone – P!nk
6. My Life Would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson
7. That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings
8. The Nicest Kids in Town – Hairspray soundtrack
9. She Works Hard for the Money – Donna Summer
10. Sound of the Underground – Girls Aloud
11. Jai Ho! – Pussycat Dolls
12. Everyone Nose – N.E.R.D
13. Stick to the Status Quo – High School Musical soundtrack
14. Perfect Day – Hoku (from Legally Blonde soundtrack)
15. Moving to New York – The Wombats
16. Biology – Girls Aloud
17. Centrefold – P!nk
18. Womanizer – Britney
19. Single ladies – Beyonce
20. Closer – Ne Yo
21. Mistress Mabel – the Fratellis
22. She’s So Lovely – Scouting for Girls
23. About You Now – Sugbabes
Ha ha! Now I’ve written it out, I’m like ‘shaaaaaaaaaaaame!’ but don’t judge me! These up tempo songs keep me going on that bloody treadmill!
What songs do you guys run to??