Hello everybody! Long time no speak! Sorry to have gone AWOL! And thanks to Bri and Glam for checking up on me!!!
So here we are on the first day of October! Time sure flies when you’re having fun hey!!!
Where am I up to, you may ask?! To answer your question dear Glam, no I have not been too busy working out to blog…but I HAVE been rather busy moving offices YET AGAIN AND they have finally gone and blocked Blogger at work. This means that by the time I get in from work and gym and eat, my blog just goes out of my head, so I am so sorry to have neglected you my friends!!!
I’m back now!
So, let’s recap shall we? First 2 weeks Sept – AMAZING! Lost weight, worked out, ate healthy.
And then it was my birthday.
So, on Monday September 21st, I reached the ripe old age of 31. 31!! THIRTY FREAKING ONE!!!! How the bloody HELL did that happen??!!!! OH EMMACTUALGEEEEEEE!!!!
So, it was my birthday which meant that I’d been out to eat on the Saturday before, then on the Monday the parents and siblings arrived with other family members plus takeaway, cake and champagne….then Tuesday I had this terrible sore throat so rather than exercising off the calories from the weekend and night before, I lay on the couch wrapped in a blanket of slef pity. Then Wednesday I had to go and enrol on my MSc course, which meant I didn’t get home until 9pm – too late for the gym, which then meant the week spiralled out of control and rather than having my sensible head on and gymming it a bit, I pretty much sacked t off until this Monday just gone.
OH WHY OH WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THIS??!!!
So the result at weigh in on Saturday was delightful 3lb gain! IN A WEEK!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as of Monday morning I have rediscovered my sensible, balanced, you-can-still-have-a-life-and-be-healthy attitude to life. Monday I did a full workout, Tuesday I did weights, yesterday I did 5k run and then – get this!- a BodyPump class!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!
I went with my lovely friend Rachel who is fabulous and we weathered it together. Tough class but by no means the traumatic experience I had expected it to be. I think that what put me off initially was all the equipment you need – bar bell, weights, step, mats yadda yadda yadda. But it was a great class, went really quickly and I found it a happy alternative to lifting weights on my own – I am definitely going to go next week! And best of all, during the pressups section I did full, proper man press ups and the instructor ahd everyone applaud me at the end! HOW COOL!!! I am completely driven by praise and reassurance and I felt well chuffed that she singled me out!
So that was BodyPump, what else have I been up to?
Oh we went to a gorgeous restaurant for my birthday dinner – an Italian vibe, called Zelig’s. My sister and I took hilarious photos of our food just for you, so I will post them soon as I can!
There have a been a few NSV’s to speak of, so in the interest of keeping myself motivated I will list them here:
1. After a week off exercise and indulgence I hopped back on plan straight away on Monday morning – this would ordinarily have lasted approximately 3 weeks….
2. Though I am not as light as I would like to be yet, my visceral fat is down by 8% which is (I am sure) a direct result of working with Chris (amazing personal trainer man) and having a plan when I am on my on working out which means I know what I’m doing. It is completely worth the expense!
3. I didn’t have to have any fillings at the dentist!! I have only ever had one filling in my life and it was when I began ww first time round and was relying on diet coke A LOT – it knackered my teeth and meant a filing. Now that I am eating much healthier, it means an added benefit is my teeth are stronger and in better condition! YAAY! Also the dentist now does cosmetic whitening on the nhs so it’ll only cost me £300! YAAAAAAAY!!! Bring on the LA smile!!!! Hahahaha
4. A 20 minute run is now standard to me. How life changes! I remember so clearly around March/April time how I couldn’t even manage to run for 5 minutes - and I never ever thought I would get past it. But take it from me, someone who is not a runner – it’s totally possible! It’s true what all the runners I know say about the ‘magic’ 20 minute mark – once you get past that it seems like it’s easier to progress.
5. I am STILL more than ever in my whole life, more clued in to what I am eating and how I am exercising! This is a constant source of amazement to me and I am so much happier these days……which brings me to…
6. I am HAPPY! Yes, the battle with weight and eating rages on but I AM IN CONTROL! And it feel good.
7. I am healthier now, in mind, body and spirit than I have ever been. This is progress people.
In other news, guess what I got for my birthday??!! A Nike+ ipod thingy!!!!!! How exciting! I don’t really get how itworks, and at first I thought I would have to buy very expensive trainers but it turns out that there’s a way round that! (I cannot sacrifice my beloved asics running shoes for Nike traineeeeees like some scally down Birkenhead!) There’s a little pouch you put the chip in and attach to your running shoes. Cool hey! I can’t wait to play with it!
Any thoughts on this subject?? Let me know your views dear friends!
Next thing I need input on: PROTEIN!
A few posts ago Dee commented that I needed more protein in my diet (sad face at Dee not blogging anymore) and lo and behold Mr. trainer man then went on to say the exact same thing to me - suggesting poached egg on toast and beans on toast as a means of upping the protein. So I did some reading. As far as I can work out, it (a) makes you feel fuller and (b) helps your muscles recover quicker – is that right? SO I have been making an effort to up the protein, I hope it works…..
I have been writing this post for 3 days so I will just bloody well post it now in the interest of actually posting…..birthday pictures to follow – I felt HOT! Hahaha
BIG LOVE Y’ALL!
Liz aka BFP xxxx