So here we are again, another Monday! Quick weekend update.
I lost 3lbs again this week and have not been this weight since July 2007 so that is FABULOUS! I’m feeling really happy and energised and committed to seeing this through for LIFE!
I did not manage to track effectively this weekend. However, I did make healthy choices all weekend and really monitored how full I was feeling and my portion sizes (apart from a piece of Belgian chocolate cake at my parents’ last night) so I feel pretty good about the weekend, eating-wise. It's a step forward at least.....
Exercise-wise I feel A-freaking-MAZING! Wanna know why?
Because I did my first ever 5k run!!!!!! Yep indeedy friends! I ran the Race for Life in honour of Cancer Research UK in beautiful Birkenhead Park on Sunday morning. Rachel (Amazing WW guru and friend) and I ran together for it and crossed the finish line at 31.5minutes which we felt was a fabulous time!!!!! I think we’d have been quicker had we not had to weave in and out of all the other people on the course! But I’m so happy that I didn’t stop or walk once! All that treadmill running has taught me to regulate pace and control breathing and so I am one happy bunny today! WHAT a sense of achievement! Now I’m addicted – bring on the 10k in September!!
You know it’s funny, just as I feel like I’ve got into a routine with all this healthy pursuit malarkey, all of a sudden LIFE rears its ugly head! This weekend we are going away with another couple to Abersoch, North Wales for the Wakestock Festival 2009! We leave Thursday which means no gym from Thursday to Monday – YIKES! I’m getting fatter just thinking about it! So I am having to come up with some contingency plans as it also means I won’t be able to get weighed on Saturday either OR have my Friday session with PT! You know me, I’m a creature of habit and I like my routines so I feel all ‘kerbobbled’ in anticipation of that routine being broken.
So here are the contingency plans:
- Take running gear with me: Now I know I can do a 5k outside, what could be simpler than running around the gorgeous countryside?!
- Eat simply and in moderation this week so save a few points for not having as much control over the weekend in terms of food.
- Double up gym duty - maybe lunchtime swims again this week, to increase activity points and maximise chances of progress in the weight loss dept.
- Pay very close attention to alcohol. Julie – the friend I’m going with, is preggers so mercifully the alcohol issue won’t be as big a deal since I am not going to torment the poor girl by getting into the vino while she can’t! I’m going to make her strawberry bellinis that I made a few weeks ago for paella night (non alcoholic!)
- Food – we planned as much as we could at the weekend – Rich is on a health kick right now in preparation for his mountain climb in BC, Julie is up the duff but is a ww-er when not with child so she fully gets my eating vibes and Colin – the father to be can just bloomin well deal with it (he could stand to lose a few pounds haha!) We’re staying in caravans so we will be able to cook/grill so no relying on crappy festival food!
- WRITE IT DOWWWWWWWWWWWN!
And there you have it dudes! Right – must dash, I’ve got things to do!
Let’s ALL have a great week!
Love Lizzie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx