Friday 15 January 2010

Death by Circuit Training.....

Picture the scene: I'm in my office, it's 4:45pm. I'm happily working away. My BlackBerry buzzes. It's a text. From Chris. My PT. "Hope you're mentally prepared to be hammered. Circuits tonight. :)"

*GULP*

We did the following (I say 'we', I mean 'ME'!)

10 minute uphill run at 10kph to 'warm up'
15 deep squats
15 jack knife on the SB
lunges with upper body rotation using MB 15 right leg, 15, left
single leg squats on the harness thing that attaches to the ceiling, 15 left leg, 15 right
15 wide row on the harness thingy again
1 minute on spin bike at a climb (standing)
15 shoulder pulses with 3kgs
15 torso rotation thingies on the weights pulley, left and 15 right.
15 side step ups onto box left, 15 x right
15 press ups onto bench standing at an incline
15 tricep dips on bench
15 bicep curls with 10kg bar bell
20 reps with skipping rope (fast)
20 step ups on higher box
repeat skips
repeat step ups
15 x sledge hammer with 5kg MB
15 x 'punch' with 5kg DB left arm, 15x right arm


THAT WAS ONE CIRCUIT.

2 mins rest and then some fast boxing - jabs, hooks and uppercuts, 15 reps repeated on each arm.

Then I did the circuit....AGAIN.

Then 2 mins rest followed by the boxing again.

Then the FINAL circuit. And just to be 'ker-azy', he had me do it backwards which did not sit well with my OCD AT ALL!!!! I swear this guy is trying to cure me as well as train me....

Oh the other thing I forgot to mention, is that each time I completed a circuit, he upped the reps. SO the first time through was 15, the second time 20 reps of everything and then lastly 25 reps.

Suffice it to say I feel that I have most certainly 'worked out'.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go and lie down.

Weigh in tomorrow....I'm too tired to care right now :)

See ya tomorrow

BFP xoxo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Alive you are amazing xx

Rachel x

wildfluffysheep said...

I am exhausted from just reading that. *sweats*

very impressed!

Amy said...

you're in an elite group. not many people would've survived that!

MB said...

WOW! He wasn't kidding when he said you were going to get hammered. I don't think I could have gotten through that. Your week was victorious no matter what the scale says tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

Lizzie said...

Thanks peeps! I heart you! x

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

PTs should not be able to text their clients. Inflicting that kind of dread pre-workout is no fair. You go girl, though. You go.

starfish264 said...

He's eeeeeevil!! They all are - I've been through so many trainers now, because none of them know the meaning of the words "please don't kill me"!!!