Friday 10 September 2010

People don't notice you half as much as you imagine they do....

Check it. Conversation I had this evening at the gym.

Picture the scene: It was 7:30pm, I had done a BodyCombat class and a BodyPump class and was a big, sweaty, red-faced mess. This is my usual look around about this time on a Thursday. I was on my way out of the studio to change my revolting gym top for a nice fresh, dry, sweet-smelling one before heading back into the studio for yoga when one of the regulars stopped me. The conversation ensued thus:-

(Woman) "Oooh I thought of you on Sunday"

(I do not even know this woman's name, so this was a slightly odd convo opener!)

(Me) "Oh really?"

(Woman) "Yes, but I don't want to offend you"

(Me) "Er....ok....?" (Slightly panicked )

(Woman) "But I was watching Alan Carr Chatty Man on Sunday...."

(God-awful British chat show host)

."... And Katy Perry? was on it...."

(She said "Katy Perry?" like how you Americans speak, y'know, with a question mark at the end, as if gauging to see if I'd know who Katy Perry was)

"....And I said to my husband, there's a girl who goes to my yoga class who is the absolute spitting image of Katy Perry...."

Hahahahahahaha!!! She thinks I look like Katy Perry!

I was somewhat taken aback!!

(A) er hello.....AS IF

+

(B) WHAT a compliment! She is beautiful!!!!!!


{ (C) I tooooooootalllllly wish I had her boobs }

I assured random yoga woman that it was a huuuuge compliment, at least to my way of thinking, and got involved with sun salutation,

BUT

The exchange kinda got me thinking....pretty much proves the whole beauty-eye-beholder thang + further reinforces my point to self from a few days ago..

Which is


That what I see in the mirror is not what others see.

On the days when I have been feeling grotesque + gargantuan people have commented on how much weight I've lost. I forget that just because I'm scrutinising every little inch of my body and judging it and making mental (and, sadly, real) lists of improvements I wish to make, doesn't mean that everyone else pays such close attention.

In fact, people don't notice you half as much as you imagine they do. True story.

I am my own harshest critic. I am trying not to be.

.
Lots of love + happy Friday,

Katy Perry xoxox hahahaha!!!!
------------------

2 comments:

MB said...

Now that you say that - you totally look like Katy Perry. Just two beautiful dark haired woman taking on the world. Rock on!

s455 tax said...

nice post thanks for update